Honey Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are so delicious, nutritious, and versatile. This recipe is a nice combination of the salty/sweet taste that everyone is so fond of. Very easy to make, and so enjoyable, so I hope you all enjoy this as much as me!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (preferably cold pressed organic virgin oil)
- 1/4 cup of honey (preferably unpasteurized)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste (I used Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- Scrub sweet potatoes thoroughly and chop into cubes (I don’t peel them, but you certainly can).
- Scoop your oil out into a small bowl or your measuring cup and leave near or on the oven so it can melt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay sweet potatoes in a single layer on a roasting tray.
- Once the oil is melted drizzle it onto the potatoes.
- Drizzle the honey on as well.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 mins or until a fork can puncture a cube easily.
- Take out of oven and enjoy!
*I use coconut oil because it can be heated to a higher temperature than olive oil, but it’s completely up to you. I personally think coconut oil compliments this dish a little more than olive.